Quality exterior products offer an undeniable benefit for your home by acting as the first layer of protection against the changing weather conditions outside. Whether you are building a new house or working on renovations, mastic vinyl siding is an excellent choice.
The best solution is to reach out to our team to schedule a consultation and learn more about your options. At Better View Home Improvements, we offer a full range of services that can be customized based on your unique needs.
Benefits of Mastic Vinyl Siding
It’s easy to see why vinyl siding is gaining in popularity. Here are a few reasons why homeowners often choose mastic vinyl siding as an alternative to other exterior home-building materials:
- Durability: Vinyl siding is tough. There’s no question that the weather patterns in Menomonee Falls and other surrounding areas can be harsh. When the temperatures change, the sun is beating down, or we face sub-zero conditions, it can take a toll on your home. Over time, poor-quality siding can start to warp, crack, and break. On the other hand, mastic vinyl siding is built to withstand these extremes. You’ll have tough, durable materials that hold up for many years.
- Insulation: Another reason why homeowners love mastic vinyl siding is because of the insulating benefits that are available. No matter the temperature outside, this siding can help to reduce your utility bills and maintain a comfortable climate in your home. In the winter, it holds the warm air inside. In the summer, it keeps the hot weather outside. It’s worth the investment when considering the savings that will add up in the coming months and years.
- Pest Protection: Old, rotting siding not only looks terrible, but it can also attract unwanted pests. On the other hand, installing mastic vinyl siding is a great way to keep these critters out of your home. Proactively installing quality siding helps minimize the entry points where rodents and insects can enter your home. Many experts agree that vinyl siding is preferred over wood siding for maximized pest control benefits.
- Color Options: Mastic vinyl siding comes in a variety of colors, making it easy to match your new siding to the other decorative features of your home. Not only will it look good when installed, but these products are color-fast and won’t fade in the sun. Also, the siding doesn’t show when scratches or nicks are on the surface of the siding. You can expect your mastic vinyl siding to look good for years without the need to repaint the materials.
- Minimal Maintenance: No need to worry about burdensome maintenance in the future. When you install mastic vinyl siding, it holds up for many years, even with minimal maintenance. Wood siding can be troublesome because you must repaint and refinish the wood every few years. Plus, wood is hard to keep clean. In comparison, mastic vinyl siding doesn’t need to be refinished, and there are no concerns about rotting materials. Vinyl siding is easy to clean, and it always looks great.
Three Basic Styles of Vinyl Siding
Are you ready to move forward with your mastic vinyl siding installation? Then you need to learn more about the different types of siding. There are three basic styles to choose from:
Mastic Board and Batten
The benefit of choosing Mastic board and batten is that it comes in a full range of textures, colors, thicknesses, and other options. 13 standard colors are available. Additionally, you can choose between insulated and non-insulated products.
This type of exterior home décor has been popular for many years, with the style dating back to the colonial period. Now, mastic vinyl siding is a better solution that gives you a timeless look without the maintenance requirements of wood siding.
There’s no doubt that mastic board and batten is a good option because it is extra thick, durable, and resists dents from everyday living.
This style is placed horizontally on the house, which is why it is sometimes known as horizontal siding. Other common nicknames include shiplap and traditional lap siding since it looks similar to the sides of old wooden ships.
Types of clapboard siding include:
- Beaded siding
- Dutch lap
- Double 4 or double 5 lap
Cedar Shake Siding
This design also dates back to colonial times, with a beautiful texture in the cedar shake format. Today’s modern products can recreate this timeless design, resembling natural wood without the upkeep and maintenance.
How Much Will Vinyl Siding Cost
Compare the price of mastic vinyl siding, and you will see that it is affordable compared to other exterior home products. The final cost will depend on a range of factors:
- Quality of the siding
- How much siding is needed
- How much work will be necessary for the installation
The simplest solution to plan your budget is to reach out to our team to schedule a consultation. We will come to your home, discuss your goals, provide recommendations, then give you a detailed estimate for the work. This free estimate includes full-service solutions, including the price of materials and labor for the installation.
While looking at the upfront costs for your home renovations is essential, don’t forget how much mastic vinyl siding will affect your home in the future. Investing in top-quality materials is an excellent choice because it will protect your home and improve the management of indoor climate control.
Is Mastic Vinyl Siding the Right Choice for Your Home?
It’s a big decision to install new siding on your home. As you prepare for this renovation, ensure you have an expert team to assist every step of the way. Not only can we help with the planning and preparation, but we follow through with quality installation and more. Our goal is to create the best home that will maintain excellent durability for many years in the future.
Reach out to our expert home improvement and construction team in Menomonee Falls, WI. Better View Home Improvements is here to help with anything that you need. Contact us when you would like to schedule a consultation and discuss your project: (262) 415-7011.