There’s no question that quality siding material makes a big difference in the overall outcome of your construction or renovation project. Craneboard vinyl siding is quickly gaining popularity among both homeowners and contractors, and it’s easy to see why this material is a preferred choice. There are undeniable benefits from using siding for your construction or renovation project, which is why it makes sense to learn more about this siding to see if it’s a good fit for your unique needs.
Today, we’re taking a closer look at the advantages of Craneboard vinyl siding, including what makes it unique, how the R-value impacts energy efficiency, and why it might be a smart choice for your home.
Benefits of Craneboard Vinyl Siding
What benefits can you expect when you choose this type of siding for your home or commercial building? Compare these benefits with other kinds of exterior building materials, and you will quickly see why vinyl siding is one of the best options available.
- Durability: Craneboard vinyl siding is known for its top-notch durability because of the quality materials used. Also, it is built to hold up in various weather conditions, like heavy winds, rain, and extreme temperatures.
- Save Time and Money: Unlike wood siding, vinyl siding is resistant to rot, warping, and insect damage, making it a low-maintenance and long-lasting option. Many homeowners don’t want to worry about ongoing repair requirements, which can cost both time and money. Vinyl is a great way to minimize your maintenance going forward and reduce the need to replace the siding again in the future. These savings add up over time!
- Versatility: One of the notable advantages of Craneboard vinyl siding is the versatility in many different types of construction products. Pick from many different colors, textures, and styles. Ideally, the siding should blend well with the current design features. Or choose a color/style that “pops” to add a unique accent to the architecture of your home. It doesn’t matter if you prefer a traditional or contemporary look; Craneboard vinyl siding is a great choice. These exterior materials offer endless possibilities to enhance your home’s aesthetic appeal.
- Energy Efficiency: Craneboard vinyl siding is designed with energy efficiency in mind. It adds an effective thermal protective layer to your home, which decreases the heat transfer between the outside and inside. Improving insulation makes a big difference in energy savings because it minimizes the work of your HVAC system. With vinyl siding, you can enjoy the perfect, comfortable indoor temperatures while managing your energy usage and utility bills.
- Low Maintenance: Craneboard vinyl siding is virtually maintenance-free unlike other siding materials requiring frequent painting or staining. It does not require painting, sealing, or scraping. Enjoy your weekends instead of worrying about home to-do projects! You will save both time and money on the maintenance of your home when you install quality exterior products, like vinyl siding. There is a low risk of fading, chipping, and cracking, so you can rest assured knowing that your home will look great for years to come.
How is Vinyl Siding Manufactured?
This type of vinyl siding is made of polyvinyl chloride (PVC), which is an excellent material since the plastic is both lightweight and durable. Advanced manufacturing techniques create an exterior construction product that looks like natural wood. The PVC materials used in vinyl siding are engineered to withstand all elements while minimizing weather-related damage, ensuring long-term performance and durability.
What Is the R-Value of Craneboard Vinyl Siding?
The R-value measures the thermal resistance of a material, indicating its ability to prevent heat transfer. Craneboard vinyl siding offers excellent insulation properties, making it easier to manage energy efficiency in your home.
While the specific R-value varies depending on the thickness and type of siding you choose, most Craneboard vinyl siding has an R-value between 2.0 to 2.7 per inch. To put it simply: you’re getting quality insulation, making it easier to manage the temperature inside your home.
Different Types of Vinyl Siding
There are several different options when choosing the right type of siding for your home:
- Traditional Lap Siding: This type of Craneboard vinyl siding replicates the look of traditional wood lap siding, using long, horizontal boards that overlap. The traditional design is a great choice if you want a classic and timeless appearance.
- Dutch Lap Siding: Dutch Lap Siding has a distinctive profile because of the beveled edge design, giving it a charming and rustic look. The depth and shadow lines created by the edging add character to the exterior of the house.
- Board and Batten Siding: This style of vinyl siding uses wide vertical boards and narrow batten strips to hide the seams. You can create a rustic appearance, which is why it’s popular for farmhouse- and cottage-style homes.
- Shingle Siding: Designed to resemble traditional cedar shingles, this type of vinyl shingle siding looks both sophisticated and textured. You can enjoy the aesthetics of natural wood shingles without the maintenance requirements.
- Vertical Siding: Vertical vinyl siding creates a modern and contemporary look. The panels run vertically along the walls, giving you clean lines and a stylish appearance.
Why Choose Craneboard Vinyl Siding?
Is Craneboard vinyl siding right for your home? There are several factors to consider when picking materials for new construction or home renovations. First, consider your budget. How much money have you set aside for these home renovations? Make sure you manage your spending without sacrificing the quality of the installed materials. Vinyl siding is an excellent option because it is much more affordable per unit than other exterior materials. But you don’t have to worry about quality – because the siding holds up well for many years. In fact, many contractors will agree that Craneboard vinyl siding is more durable compared to other products. So, it’s the preferred choice for durability and to save money at the same time. Plus, consider the ways your home renovations will have a positive impact on property value. You can enjoy upgraded living right now and anticipate a higher price point when you are ready to sell in the future.
Call The Exterior Home Renovation Experts
If you need home improvement and construction services in Menomonee Falls, WI, then Better View Home Improvements is the team to call. Contact us at your convenience for a consultation: (262) 415-7011.